Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Cristiano Falls

It's been a week since I thought I should put up this post, but I like being fashionably late, and I don't think putting up time-bound blog posts is going to make much of a diff to the amount of traffic my blog attracts.

Thus I come to what I had intended to say in this one..
It was a day before my 'Principles of Marketing & Management' exam, and as usual, I was in front of the box.Flicking channels, I stopped at DD sports, as there was nothing better playing, and decided to watch the Federation Cup Final between Dempo FC and Mohun Bagan FC. Vinod would have a thing or two to say about me watching indian domestic football, but the cable TV bastards will not help my pirsuits of EPL. That's when I saw Cristiano Junior fall. Now, my initial reaction, contrary to that of shock and grief,expressed by most other people, was comic, and I actually thought it was pretty funny.

Picture this:

You have the ball in front of you, you have the goal ahead, and just the goalkeeper to beat. The goal is there for the taking. The goalkeeper comes forward, but you easily dodge him and score. The crowd,(that's jobless enough to come and watch you),cheers and you hear the thumping of you heart when you start to celebrate. And then, suddenly, you drop dead.

It's like you are Linus Torvalds, and you just wrote Linux, and you drop dead.

It's like you are Bill Gates, and you just made your God-knows-how-many th dollar, and you drop dead.

It's like you are Amitabh Bachchan, and you've just completed your millionth advertisement, and you drop dead.

It's like you are Dubya, and you have just conquered the last oil well in Iraq, and you drop dead.


That, I think pretty much makes my point clear. I want to go in the way Cristiano went, and I, unlike most people feel happy at the way he went.

Now, for people willing to know what I want to have just done when I die, you'll just have to wait and see.

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, thats what you call a glorious exit! a very costly one.... i would rather trade my life for a glorious entry than a valiant death!!See , we leave in a world where at times there is no value of life, but as always, death comes for a price!! catch me at http://dreamofthedolphin.rediffblogs.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home