Wednesday, January 12, 2005

::Marooned on an island::

This is a story that has been told quiet often,
of how man could live on his own.
how he could develop the animal instinct,
and you could see the reason to the beard that's grown.

I'm no Crusoe or Sinbad,
or Tom Hanks from Castaway.
but this is a thought that occured to me,
If I could live life my way.

Roam around the sandy beaches I would,
and take in the sun that's beating.
And eat all the tropical fruits I could,
perhaps a fish or two If I get tired of what I've been eating.

Build myself a house using the wood,
that the trees have generously left for me.
And I realize how it would turn out,
given the carpentry skills that I see.

I could probably turn the place into a kingdom,
if only I could get people to follow.
But then it would be quite a task,
and I have to make sure that their heads are hollow.

If there were an escape to civilization,
a ship or an airplane that's going along.
I wonder if I would like to return,
to the world I'm supposed to belong.

And finally I think I can't live without people,
though at times when they annoy.
I will have to go back to the civilized world,
a place that's filled with both sorrow and joy.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger sp0ck said...

Hey Vivek,
Nice blog man.. Keep on blogging... I think its gr8 stuff. Maybe tone down on the poetry.

I mean....

..But then it would be quite a task,
and I have to make sure that their heads are hollow...

Is that some sort of cerebral check on ur capabilities as a leader?? Or is that just so that it rhymes with the second line. ;)
Lot of allusions to a need to be single?? hmm... or is it a need to break free from the shackles of a conformist society?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Vivek said...

Churnings of an overpowered and underworked brain often bring out results that are comparable to utter nonsense..Give me more work..plz!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home