Wednesday, January 19, 2005

::The Ultimate Journey::

As the brilliant light shone through my window,
I woke up with a start from my sleep.
I felt it draw me closer,
and towards it I began to creep.

I turned back to look at what I had left,
the distance between the body and the soul.
Was this the start of the ultimate journey,
of all things this fair world holds.

The beam passed right through me,
I was as good as a piece of glass.
And as we started our journey upwards,
I thought, let me enjoy this till it lasts.

A gentle wind was the mood of the night,
soft fluffy clouds here and there.
The moon was growing bigger right before me,
and at the shrinking fields I began to stare.

Where did this path lead to?
maybe the heavens, I started to wonder.
would I finally meet the maker?
and would he punish me for my blunders?

All the people I had compromised,
in my quest for apparent glory.
Would someone remember me later,
or was my life just a passing story?

The money I had made was useless,
for I had nobody to leave it to.
No one to weep for this loss to the world,
if only the loss itself was true.

As I snapped back to reality,
The journey had ended as it had begun.
the light was still shining through my window,
but this was of the morning sun.

The purpose of the journey was revealed to me then.
I realized we just have one life to live.
But through the regrets and the disappointments,
it only matters how much we give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home